Fall Advising Hours (September 25th - December 15th, 2023)
Please note these upcoming changes to our advising schedule:
We will be closed for the following campus holidays, or other in-service department events:
- In-person advising ends for the quarter on Thursday, December 7th. Zoom appointments continue through Friday, December 15th.
- Email ONLY advising from December 18th through December 22nd, 2023
- CLOSED December 25th, 2023 through January 1st, 2024
- Email ONLY advising from January 2nd through January 5th, 2024
In-Person, email, phone and Zoom Advising
Location: Ellison Hall 3rd Floor, 3838
- Mondays: 9:00 am to 11:00 am; 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Wednesdays: 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Thursdays: 8:00 am to 10:00 am; 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Fridays: Zoom and Email Only. See below for the link to schedule zoom appointments with Cameron on Fridays.
To schedule an appointment via Zoom, please use the links below:
Please Note: We have almost 1100 POLS majors and pre-majors, and limited Zoom appointment availability. IF you schedule a Zoom meeting, and find that you either cannot make the meeting, or no longer need the advising (for instance, because you received phone or email assistance) - PLEASE cancel the meeting ASAP with the advisor you originally scheduled the appointment with. Doing so allows another student an opportunity to schedule a meeting in that time slot.
Click on the day to access shoreline links:
Have advising questions? Try using Nectir for a quick response.
- Click "Register a new account"
- Use your ucsb.edu email to sign up
- Start chatting! Ask and answer each others' questions, share events, and get support from fellow students and advisors
If you have advising questions, please email us at email@example.com.
We typically respond within the same business day (excluding weekends, holidays and academic breaks).
3838 Ellison Hall
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
Alison G. Keleher, Ph.D.
[Dr. Keleher does not provide advising. Please see the information above to contact one of our advisors.]
Meet the Advisors
Margaux Hart (she/her)
Julia Vargas (she/her/ella):
Margaux is a fourth-year Political Science transfer student with a concentration in American politics. She is a varsity coxswain on the men’s rowing team and acts as webmaster for the club. Outside of the advising office, she currently serves as social media coordinator for the Santa Barbara nonprofit, Friends of State Street, and coaches masters at Mission Rowing. Following her time at UCSB, Margaux intends to work in public relations or local government. During her free time, she loves to spend time with friends, try new recipes, go to concerts, and travel as much as possible.
Julia is a fourth-year Political Science and Spanish double major with a concentration in American Politics. She is involved in multiple multicultural organizations on campus and is on the executive board as the risk management chair for Sigma Omega Nu, as well as works as a legal intern at a Criminal/Personal Injury firm in downtown Santa Barbara. Post-graduation, she hopes to pursue law school with interests in human rights and marketing. During her free time, Julia enjoys spending time with her friends, reading, and playing golf.