Provides advising and guidance for POLS grad students in terms of academic tracking and monitoring
Works with TA appointments, department financial tracking, and Awards
Works in tandem with the Grad Admissions Chair to coordinate recruitment visits and process applications
2022, M.A. in Chinese (University of Massachusetts-Amherst, Amherst MA)
2020, B.A. in East Asian Linguistics, Chinese, and AAPI Studies (Binghamton University-SUNY, Binghamton NY)
2016, A.A. (Onondaga Community College, Syracuse NY)
- Advises POLS grad students throughout their academic career; includes advising, academic monitoring, and forms/petitions processing
- Works with the Grad Admissions Chair in recruiting prospective grad students to the POLS PhD program; includes processing applications and setting up recruitment trips
- Works with the Grad Faculty Advisor in setting up quarterly TA appointments; includes tracking financials and fee remissions
- Also involved with Grad department Awards, Fellowships, Grants, and Other Funding
- Part of the Sustainability Initiative, food bank for grad students
Austin comes with experience as a Teaching Assistant, Library Assistant, and Study Abroad Advisor.
Ye, Austin S., "The Different Waves of "Chineseness": Analysis of Culture References and Lyrics in Zhongguofeng Music" (2022). Masters Theses. 1200.